Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hyrum and Zyra for 10 days - What a Treat!

After a very early and quick flight from Denver which had Mister in the front of the plane with Happy Hyrum and me in the back with one angry Zyra, we landed in Dallas.  She was so unhappy because they made her sit on my lap for take off and she had been oh so happy in her own seat all belted in.  Ugh.

We arrive home and settle in for a week to ten days with the two grands.  As luck would have it, I have managed to pick up a cold and am worried that if it takes hold I will not be much help for Mister.  Drat.

The next morning the kids are up and raring to go.  Well at least Zyra's hair is.  I am sick.  My worst fears have come true.  I guess we will hang around the house for a few days playing.







These two are really not much work at all.  They place so well together and our biggest concern is feeding them three times a day plus snacks.  We don't takes as good of care of ourselves and so it is hard to remember.  Here are a few shots of the first couple days hanging out at home.


I love this picture! He was absolutely sound asleep for the nap he didn't want to take.  Too sweet.







Craft time on the kitchen floor.





Pizza.  This one makes me laugh.  We ordered pizza for dinner and Hyrum told us that he had never had pizza.  When it gets to the house, we give him a slice and fold it New York Style and teach and he starts to eat it.  It is his new favorite food for the duration of his time with us.  Everyday he asks if he can have pizza for dinner.








What can I even say about this one?


Playing games with Grandpa on the floor.  Smiles all around.

 I felt better today so we went to the zoo and rode the merry-go-round.  As we were walking towards it, Hyrum said he wanted to ride the Stegosaurus.  I thought he was nuts - this is a zoo ride after all.  Lo and behold, we get there and he jumps on his dinosaur.  The only dinosaur on the ride.  Hmmmmn.  How did he know?



Walking away from the ride.  It is time to go home for the day, but the kids have had fun and so have we.





Today we drive to McKinney for the Krewe of Barkus parade.  It is a Mardi Gras event for dogs and the kids get a kick out of it.  The dogs are all dressed up in costumes and they laugh at point at some of the really funny ones.

This is sitting on the curb waiting for the parade to start.  They were amazingly patient and the sidewalk filled in with people all around us.























Grandpa sits on the curb with the kids both before and during the parade.  Miss Zyra with all of her parade beads.  Hyrum would not wear them at all.  He handed any he got to his sister.













I wake up one morning to find that Grandpa has located colored flashlights for the kids and so they are playing in the hall with them as it is too light everywhere else in the house.  They played with these for days.  Who needs expensive toys?




















It is a beautiful day out and so we are off to the park to play for awhile.  It is not a far walk, but us girls are much slower than the boys.  We'll get there eventually.



The kids have a great time playing and so do I.  I am feeling much better and know that I want to have as much fun with them as I can because their Momma is getting homesick for them and wants them back.  I am not ready to give them up yet though.








It is February in Dallas and yet look how green it is.  You can see the flowering quince just behind me.   It will not belong before summer is here again.  Hyrum and I take the time to play a little football.  He is so proud each time he catches the ball.  Such great memories for me.




We go shopping the day before the kids have to leave and Hyrum wants to pick out a new outfit to show his Mom and Dad.  Don't you think he has pretty good taste?  I didn't help at all.  He found the pants and the shirt and brought them to me -- I just switched them out for the right sizes.  What a handsome fella to greet Dad at the airport tomorrow.

I can't believe our time is up with them.  Hopefully we can get them all to ourselves again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment