Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas continues -- Ohio

From Montana I was off to Ohio for my every other month visit with Amanda and all of her "boys". I am able to be Gammy on Fridays while both Amanda and Trent work and look forward to it each trip. This time we didn't do the normal "kid" stops, but went shopping as I had a long list and a short amount of time to put everything together. First stop, the mall. The boys were so cute as we wandered around looking for a place to get something to eat. They spotted Santa and slowly started walking his way -- I just stayed back and watched and they went right up to him and sat on his lap, gave their required requests, had a picture, and picked out their treats. Amanda later told me that they had never been to Santa before and she was surprised that it went so well -- what can I say -- Gammy magic.
After seeing Santa, we were still on the prowl for a place to grab a quick and easy lunch and found pretzel dogs. They boys decided to split one in case they didn't like it and a slushy to go along. Well, they liked it and so Raef got to take the money up to the counter all alone and order another one and bring it back and they shared it as well. Was fun and they were such a delight.

We also went to several other stores and I managed to finish shopping for their family right under the boys eyes including Raef's birthday present for next month. It was almost too funny as I wheeled around a cart full of toys at Toys R Us and they paid absolutely no attention to what was in it --- they were pretty excited about picking out a new movie and were a little distracted if the truth be told -- okay okay -- bribery works. When I was done shopping -- we headed back home and wrapped all the gifts -- yes even the ones for them -- and still no clue. BUT, once they were wrapped, well then they determined that they must be unwrapped the minute that mom and dad get home. I laughed and agreed. (Amanda's gift had arrived that morning and I had quickly answered the door and hid it up in my room. Perfect timing.) So --- the boys just couldn't stand it and got to go first of course. I love that
they called the "Diegos".

Then Mom and Dad got their turns and I think both the mixer and the steamer machine were big hits. There were smiles all around anyway.  We then had to get everyone organized and head to a church activity in which Amanda and Trent were playing the roles of Mary and Joseph. Don't they look quiet and dignified? Well, there was this brief moment when the "Star" appeared and it was a disco ball -- Trent broke a little and rolled his eyes. I loved it. Then we were treated to Amanda and her beautiful voice. I tried to video it, but it was pretty dark in there --- so please just enjoy the sound bite -- She is amazing.



Once we got home and the boys went to bed, it was time to play with the new toys. Steamers all around and comments like "it tastes just like it should". Was fun to watch and the next day we made breakfast treats with the mixer. Such a good time and it always goes by so fast. There was time out with the boys and Amanda on Saturday and dinner out of course. Can't wait for the next trip at the end of January. Merry Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment