Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Birthday Time/Christmas Starts - Montana

When we arrived back at Jen's house, she decided that she would continue on to Montana with me since it was going to be her brother's birthday party and so after a quick drop off of some bags, off we went again for another 5 hours. Oh my --- what a great group of kids as I was tired of being in the car and knew they had to be. A quick call prepared Matt and Becca for extra company and plans were made for the party. When I first got to town, I had to go to work and met Rhiana, Kyle, Elena, Becca, and Hyrum for lunch while Jen went to see Louis' family. While in the car, I snapped this picture of Elena --- now tell me she doesn't look lilke cousin Ryan --- its shocking.

Then, birthday time and perhaps an early Christmas present or two. We started with Josh's birthday a little late as we were having it while on the road. He was so cute with the gifts, insisting on handing me each paper as he tore it off even though I was trying to take pictures. We had gotten him a new bike and managed to get a pic of both him and Hyrum on those bikes --- too cute.





I managed to sneak in some "girl time" for pictures and that's no easy feat with all these boys around all the time. (Seven grandsons -- two granddaughters, but we're making a comeback this spring when Zyra gets here).





Becca cooked a wonderful dinner and then it was Matt's turn to be the focus of everyone's attention. I had a little surprise planned and so presented him with three boxes for his birthday. They were components for a new computer and I promised him that I had kept in the family birthday budget. I had a printer (a package freebie, lol), keyboard/mouse, and speakers, He was bewildered and asked if I was making a point that he needed to buy a computer (YES --- his was AWFUL and actually an old hand-me-down of my first computer). Then Jen got into the act and gave him a router and he just laughed.


After he opened the gifts from everyone else and when things were quiet, I said that I had also brought Christmas early and if Becca wanted to open her gift, I would give them to them now. Matt said no, but Becca (knowing what it was since she had been hiding the boxes at the house as they arrived) overruled and I went to get the last two packages.



It was the monitor and the laptop! They were pretty excited and it was such fun to play Santa from Mister and me. So, Christmas has begun and the giving is by far the best part. I decided to add a couple of videos here --- one of Miss Elena just started to get the idea of crawling and one of Uncle Matt playing a card trick on the kids --- he stumps Rhiana too --- LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment