Friday, June 12, 2009

What fun!


Isn't she just a slice heaven here on earth? What a sweetheart. During my monthly trek to the office up north, I was able to spend some incredibly pleasurable time with this doll. She favored me with some of her first smiles and I was ever so thankful. This was her first day in a dress and if nothing, she looked even more feminine. What joy! Her mama and daddy are doing just great too even with all the changes going on around them in their lives right now. Its fun to watch the daily changes and remember back to how nothing ever seemed set in stone back then and how we always had to be fluid and open to changes. Something that gets a little harder with age and I am somehow trying to get a grasp on again. Also, while up there I was treated to time with a grandson that is just oh so fun right now. Everytime I took my camera out, he struck a pose -- too funny -- and they all involved lifting his arms as if he had just finished some gymnastics trick. Even with a stick of candy in one hand and an incredibly sticky face, one arm still had to go up. I loved it. I had front row tickets for a special dance performance by him as well and just had to video it so that i could watch it over and over and over when at home. He is just a joy and each time he comes to me with arms raised to be lifted up, my heart just melts and I could easily run away with him -- with mom and dad in hot pursuit for sure. I think he has their hearts too.

Each trip brings me more time with these little ones and more memories that mean oh so much. They are so full of life and make a person constantly aware that we should enjoy each day to its fullest just as they do. Every little exposure to one of our senses should have the time taken with it to inhale deeply the wonderful aromas, look in detail at the beauty around us, listen closely to the sounds of joy, taste the incredible creations placed before us, and touch, oh yes -- definitely touch to marvel at the wonder of all things. Life is short -- enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment