Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Personal Rant

(NOTE FROM DEBI --- A few people have voiced concern over this entry by mistaking my sarcasm for reality.  Anytime you see quotes on here, this is someone else's statement, not mine.  I was trying to make a point with what was being said TO me, not by me.)

With the election only a couple of weeks away, I still have not made up my mind who I am going to vote for and this has some friends shocked.  Why?  Why are you all so quick to decide?  And why are you trying so hard to get me to vote one way or the other?

I am doing my  homework.  Period.  I am not voting on a pet issue, but on what will be of the most benefit to society as a whole.  Isn't that what we all should be doing?  I am not taking what anyone says as the truth because I know it isn't.  They all lie or stretch the truth for their own purposes.  If you believe that your candidate does not do this, think again -- and do some fact checking, because I am stating an absolute fact.

As for my FB Friends and their continuous barrage of items posted to sway me one way or the other, I need you to understand a few things.

To those who are pushing for me to vote because of your Christian beliefs:  Stop.  As I said before, they all lie and so have lost the "moral" edge that you are pushing.

For those of you who are "ex-Mormons", your overwhelming pushing of your ideals is driving me nuts.  Do you not understand that you have lost all credibility with me?  It was you who went into people's homes and bore witness to them that you knew the church was true and that they needed to be baptized.  I was one of those people.  I believed you.  Then you said it was "all a lie" --- that you were "misled".  And now . . . . I am supposed to believe that you have it all figured out again.  Of course you are not being "misled or manipulated" this time around.  Right?  How can I trust you again?  The hypocrisy of it all is mind bending to me.  Oh -- and of course, the opposing candidate is NEVER given the luxury of changing their mind -- really???  Give it a rest.  I am done.  If you wish to unfriend me over this, so be it.

I am not active in church for a reason.  Ask any of my family members and they will tell you that this exact hypocrisy that I am speaking of was the reason I left.  You, my friends, have not eliminated it from your lives -- you have merely moved it and are now pushing your new church.  Stop, please.  You have merely traded listening to one set of "old white guys" to a different set of "old white guys" -- both corporate and both determined to get your attention.  One is a group running a religious organization and the other is a group running the media and various corporate interests.  It doesn't matter that you have a new side you have decided to vote for, you are once again being "misled" by believing everything you hear without any research on your own part.  If you cannot face up to that then you did not learn from your past in which you were so "vulnerable".

I did.  I listened to you the first time.  I believed you.  Now you tell me that you were "mistaken".  As the old quote goes:  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  It is not going to happen.  So please stop trying.  If I believed you once and you tell me you were "wrong", I can never believe anything you say again, as you had such an impact on me and so many others on your first shot.  I hope you remember that always - not just that you were "misled", but that you "misled" so many others and then turned and spit in their face.  And now you are spending all of your time telling us how "wrong" we are.  Really?

Thank you.  I guess in the long run you did do me a favor.  I am a smarter, more thorough person now.  I pay very close attention to what I am being told and doing my own research to validate it.  Actually, your "changing of your mind" has been a benefit in a way - as I am very careful of what I do and do not believe from others.  And I will vote for the nation as a whole, not for your pet issues.


No comments:

Post a Comment