Sunday, November 13, 2011

Granbury and the Willie Nelson Concert

Immediately after the Chocolate class, we hopped in the car and were off to Granbury for the night.  We had already packed and had tickets for a Willie Nelson concert in hand.  I tried to get the same cabin we had stayed in down here before, but it was not available.  Fortunately, I was able to locate another secluded place that was perfect.  Granbury Log Cabins had this great old dog trot house with two cabins for rent.  It was a quiet setting and just what we love so much.





It was right outside of
Granbury in the small town of Acton.  This small town has the "Smallest State Park in Texas" as it's claim to fame.  Now who can resist that?  It turns out that it is in honor of Elizabeth Patton Crockett, the wife of Davy Crockett, and it is her burial site.  Now I was truly interested.  We spent quite a bit of time wandering the cemetery and learning all about this wonderful woman.










We also stopped at the old Acton Methodist Church to wander around a little.  I spotted this old bell and was fascinated.  I can tell it is my picture as I had not yet learned the rule of thirds.  Oh well -- I like it anyway.

The rest of the time in Granbury was great and the concert was excellent.  We put the camera down and just enjoyed ourselves while there.


No comments:

Post a Comment