Saturday, April 23, 2011

Scarborough Fair

Ever since my first spring in Dallas, I have been wanting to attend the Scarborough Renaissance Festival.  Today is the day.  Jen's family is here for Easter weekend and wants to go as well so I am excited.  This should be fun.  I decide early on that if I am going to do this, I am going to do it right.  Thus, my beautiful dress.  Jen and all the grands dress for the event as well.  The only party pooper is Mister.  Hmmn.



Once we are all dressed --
we are ready to party.  First up:  Jousting.

All four of the boys give it a go and do quite well.  I love watching them as they face various challenges.

We find various games and shows to watch and participate in and everyone gives them a good old try.




Jen and Bekah decide to complete the look by having their hair done as well.  Don't they look amazing?



After the boys' jousting matches, a real match is in order.  We take up positions along the fence and watch the knights go after each other, cheering the whole time.

Oh, Uncle Matt --where are you?  The next generation of archers is ready to go.


Yes, there are also a few rides.  The smiles here are pretty indicative of an enjoyable time.

The last activity of the day are turtle races.  Yep.  At first I was leary of anything involving turtles, but these were pretty cool.

Yep, the one we all voted on won.  Woohoo.  This was a fun day and I want to do it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment